Of the Utmost Importance: Resource Prioritization in HTTP/3 over QUIC : download
(Venue to be determined)
(extended version of the work above, with new results for QUIC in Sections 2 and 3 and a new discussion)
Resource Multiplexing and Prioritization in HTTP/2 over TCP and HTTP/3 over QUIC : download
Tools, datasets, results and extra content
- Paper 1 and 2: HTTP/3 implementation with 11 prioritization schemes in Quicker
- Paper 2: qvis toolset with trace multiplexing visualizer and custom HOL blocking emulation
- Paper 2: aioquic client test runner
- Paper 2: HOL blocking results and visualization
- HTTP/3 Prioritization presentation @ QUIC wg interim London May 2019
- draw.io templates/examples for prioritization trees
Media(click on an image to enlarge)
Timeline of how data arrives (left to right) for various HTTP/3 prioritization schemes. ATF resources are the critical, Above The Fold resources, most important for good user experience.
Timeline of how data arrives (left to right) for various QUIC implementations. Black bars beneath the colors indicate those ranges were retransmitted after packet loss.
Timeline of the impact of Head-Of-Line blocking for Round-Robin (RR) and First-Come-First-Served schemes.
QUIC's resilience to HOL blocking (compared to TCP) for different QUIC implementations (all do RR except the 3 on the right, they do FCFS or FCFS-alike).
Relative speedups and slowdowns compared to the Round-Robin baseline for the various schemes.